Welcome to Monroe County Medical Society
- CDC's new 2015 recommended immunization schedules for children http://1.usa.gov/1zzDanr & adolescents http://1.usa.gov/1yNGSrk
- 1/23/15 - CDC has issued a Health Advisory re: a multi-state outbreak of measles associated with travel to Disneyland.
- 1/23/15 - AAP Urges Parents to Vaccinate Children to Protect Against Measles
- Summary of Governor Cuomo's State of the State And Proposed Budget for 2015-16
- URMC is offering an Emergency Neurologic Life Support Certification Course on Thurs., February 19, 2015 OR Friday, February 20, 2015. A compreshensive educational program designed to help healthcare professionals improve patient care and outcomes during the critical first hours of a patients neurological emergency. 15 Hours CME/CEU Credits. Click for flyer and registration form.
- Two Pneumococcal Vaccines: Who Gets What When? is a pneumococcal vaccine resource developed by the Ontario County Department.
- MSSNY requested a delay in the implementation of the NYS E-prescribing mandate, scheduled to go into effect on 3/27/15. See attached information. Physicians and other prescribers can send a letter to their legislators and Governor Cuomo urging a postponement of this mandate by clicking here.
- CDC Health Alert regarding use of antivirals for flu or suspected flu.
- MCMS is hosting Physician Leadership: What They Didn’t Teach You In Med School on Tues., Jan. 27. Registration - 5:30 pm; Dinner program - 6:00 pm. Click here for flyer. To register, call MCMS at (585) 473-4072 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Spaces filling quickly.
ACIP recently updated the pneumococcal vaccination recommendations for patients age 65 years or older. This week, Medicare released associated payment polices. ACIP Recommendation for Pneumococcal Vaccines for All Adults 65 Years or Older, effective Sep 19, 2014. *NOTE: PCV13 and PPSV23 now recommended for all adults 65 years or older. If not previously vaccinated, administer PCV13 first; give PPSV23 6-12 months after. If previously received PPSV23, administer PCV13 ≥12 months after.
- Genesee Valley Medical Foundation is accepting applications for the 2015 James G. Zimmer MD Mini Grant Program. Click here for application and instructions.
- NYS DOH Health Advisory: All health personnel not vaccinated against influenza for the current influenza season must wear a surgical or procedure mask while in areas where patients or residents may be present.
- CDC Health Advisory regarding the Potential for Circulation of Drifted Influenza A (H3N2) Viruses
- Information from Kern Augustine re: NYS Surprise Bill (Out-of Network legislation). Emergency Services and Surprise Bills, by Donald R. Moy, includes provisions of the law that affect physicians and other health care professionals.
- FAQs for electronic prescribing of controlled substances (EPCS) from NYS DOH.
- New publications and resources on opioid and heroin abuse can be ordered free of charge for patients and parents on the NYS website.
- 11/18/14 - NYS DOH has released a Health Advisory regarding use of LAIV in children.
- Congratulations to our Executive Director Nancy Adams, recipient of the AMA's Lifetime Achievement Award for her Outstanding Work on Behalf of Physicians http://bit.ly/1pIBnrV
- The CDC is investigating a cluster of nine pediatric patients hospitalized with acute neurologic illness of undetermined etiology. The illness is characterized by focal limb weakness and abnormalities of the spinal cord gray matter on MRI. Click here for CDC Health Advisory.
Monroe County Medical Society
7th District Branch of the Medical Society of the State of New York
Serving Monroe, Livingston, Ontario, Seneca, Steuben, Wayne & Yates Counties
The Park at Allens Creek
132 Allens Creek Road
Rochester, New York 14618
Tel: (585) 473-7573 • Fax: (585) 473-7641
Contact Us • Driving Directions
© Copyright 2014 Monroe County Medical Society • Legal Disclaimer and Copyright Notice
Rochester skyline image © Sheridan Vincent