Welcome to Monroe County Medical Society
MMWR: Employment and Activity Limitations Among Adults with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease — United States, 2013
The Monroe County Chapter of Medical Assistants will host the 2015 NYSSMA (New York State Society of Medical Assistants) Convention this year here in Rochester at the Airport Marriott in Greece from April 17-19, 2015. The convention is an opportunity for medical assistants and other medical professionals in your office to obtain educational and networking opportunities in Rochester.
- New out of network emergency / surprise bill rules go into effect March 31 - information from MSSNY
- MCMS Vaccination Statement
- Governor Cuomo Signs One-Year Delay for E-Prescribing. Check out MSSNY's eNews for details http://bit.ly/1EcF4a3
- Monroe County Department of Public Health has released important information regarding Invasive Group A Strep.
- NGS Medicare Revalidation
- CDC's new 2015 recommended immunization schedules for children http://1.usa.gov/1zzDanr & adolescents http://1.usa.gov/1yNGSrk
- Two Pneumococcal Vaccines: Who Gets What When? is a pneumococcal vaccine resource developed by the Ontario County Department. ACIP recently updated the pneumococcal vaccination recommendations for patients age 65 years or older. This week, Medicare released associated payment polices. ACIP Recommendation for Pneumococcal Vaccines for All Adults 65 Years or Older, effective Sep 19, 2014. *NOTE: PCV13 and PPSV23 now recommended for all adults 65 years or older. If not previously vaccinated, administer PCV13 first; give PPSV23 6-12 months after. If previously received PPSV23, administer PCV13 ≥12 months after.
- Information from Kern Augustine re: NYS Surprise Bill (Out-of Network legislation). Emergency Services and Surprise Bills, by Donald R. Moy, includes provisions of the law that affect physicians and other health care professionals.
- FAQs for electronic prescribing of controlled substances (EPCS) from NYS DOH.
- New publications and resources on opioid and heroin abuse can be ordered free of charge for patients and parents on the NYS website.
Monroe County Medical Society
7th District Branch of the Medical Society of the State of New York
Serving Monroe, Livingston, Ontario, Seneca, Steuben, Wayne & Yates Counties
The Park at Allens Creek
132 Allens Creek Road
Rochester, New York 14618
Tel: (585) 473-7573 • Fax: (585) 473-7641
Contact Us • Driving Directions
© Copyright 2014 Monroe County Medical Society • Legal Disclaimer and Copyright Notice
Rochester skyline image © Sheridan Vincent