Internal Auditing 101 OB-GYN and Specialty – What, Why, and How of a Coding & Billing Audit
Please note: This will be an in-person program at the MCMS office.
CEUs: 3.0 CEUs pending approval.
• Why do we need to do internal auditing?
• How to determine the scope and sample of an internal coding and billing audit?
• What frequency should internal audits be conducted?
• Determine the best tools to use in an audit.
• Present the findings so providers will listen.
• Conducting provider specific training based on audit results.
• Audit hands on case studies.
• Email to email@example.com 5 deidentified visits (include E/M, physical, in office procedures). Each visit should have a copy of the claim form, a copy of the medical record visit note, a copy of the EOB, and a copy of the ledger/patient account detail. These will be used during the hands-on training component.
• Bring current CPT, ICD-10, and HCPC manuals.
Check out the flyer for more details!