• How is an OPMC investigation initiated?
• What does the OPMC investigator look for when reviewing records?
• Should you speak with them on the phone or in person?
• What is the process?
• These questions and a step-by-step description of the OPMC process will be answered for you.
• Bring your questions and have a thorough discussion of the legal issues with OPMC reviews start to finish.
• Statistics of the actions taken by the OPMC over the past several years
• Steps taken by OPMC from complaint to resolution of a case
• Activities occurring at FSMB and the National Academy of Medicine related to physician burnout and wellness and how it may impact FSMB activities
• The importance of the Physician Profile
• Opportunity and role of serving on the BPMC
Anna Lynch, Esq.
Underberg & Kessler LLP
Anna Lynch, Managing Partner of Underberg & Kessler LLP, is an experienced health care attorney who represents hospitals and physicians on risk management and patient care, professional discipline, state and federal regulatory compliance, insurer billing audits and disputes, and contractual matters.
Arthur S. Hengerer, MD
Dr. Hengerer was appointed to the NYS Board of Professional Medical Conduct in 2002 and served as the Chair of the Board from 2011 to 2019. He is a fellow of the Federation of State Medical Boards and served on multiple committees including Planning, Education, and Opioid Prescribing guidelines. He was elected to the FSMB Board in 2010 and served two terms before being elected Chair of the Board in 2014.
Click Here for Program Flyer
This program has been approved for 1.0 PMI CEU.
MCMS may photograph this event for marketing purposes. Unless this permission is revoked in writing to MCMS, by virtue of their attendance, all program participants agree to the use of the event photo in MCMS marketing.