This introductory level program will provide you with valuable information regarding patient confidentiality and the disclosure and documentation requirements you face every day to prevent breaches that may result in civil liabilities, charges of un-professional conduct or criminal penalties. Learn the answers to these important questions:
● Who has ownership and control of patient records when a physician retires?
● When can you share information over the telephone?
● Do patient confidentiality rights continue after death?
● Does a parent’s custodial status affect that parent’s right to medical records?
● What are the rights of minors?
● Can you release health records that are subpoenaed?
Anna Lynch, Esq.
Underberg & Kessler, LLP
Anna Lynch, Managing Partner of Underberg & Kessler LLP, is an experienced health care attorney who represents hospitals and physicians on risk management and patient care, professional discipline, state and federal regulatory compliance, insurer billing audits and disputes, and contractual matters.
Click Here for Program Flyer
This event has been approved for 2.0 PMI CEUs.
MCMS may photograph this event for marketing purposes. Unless this permission is revoked in writing to MCMS, by virtue of their attendance, all program participants agree to the use of the event photo in MCMS marketing.