This course will explain responsibilities and liabilities in a medical office. Review numerous case examples and receive guidance on compliant patient communication, reporting a breach and more. Lack of training and knowledge is not a valid defense in a federal audit. Don’t get caught off guard. Even honest mistakes can result in huge fines. Participants will walk away with the knowledge and tools to perform a practice Gap Analysis and Risk Assessment.
4 Reasons to Attend
- Learn how to determine whether a breach has taken place along with notification protocols.
- Every office that submits claims to a third-party payer must be compliant.
- Course provides guidance on fraud and abuse, HIPAA and OSHA compliance.
- Instruction on the 7 elements of compliance that every practice must have in place.
- Review the 3 major compliance risk areas: Medicare, HIPAA, and OSHA
- Learn the 7 elements of compliance that every practice must have in place
- ADA rules and how to apply them in your practice
- How to perform a risk assessment
- Areas of weakness that could result in fraud investigations
- What to do when an auditor makes contact with your office
- Appropriate clinical documentation for compliance with payor and regulatory guidelines
- Compliance efforts that could reduce or minimize the adverse effects of fraud investigations
- Why you should obtain an ABN every time
- Evaluate all HIPAA-compliant patient communication
- How to handle a breach when it is discovered
- Prevent, eliminate or reduce workplace hazards
- Emergency/disaster preparedness to ensure patient and data safety
- Explanation of penalties for non-compliance
Who Should Attend
Content is relevant for providers, billing professionals, office managers, consultants, and anyone seeking a better understanding of medical office compliance guidelines.
This is a basic-level class. Content assumes some experience working in a medical office.
What to Bring
A course manual will be provided. No supplementary materials are required for this course.
See Attached Program Flyer
This program is approved for 6 CEUS.
MCMS may photograph this event for marketing purposes. Unless this permission is revoked in writing to MCMS, by virtue of their attendance, all program participants agree to the use of the event photo in MCMS marketing.